Greetings! I have plenty of thoughts and ideas I’ve been writing over the past few years. Y’all will be able to feast your eyes on them one day. For now, I have a request.
I have visited the SXSW Festival since 2009. This year — 2014 —
wouldwill be my sixth year. I just need some accommodation. Airbnb hosts have become wise to the event and some have raised their rates to ~$200-400/night during that week. That’s more than a lot of hotels — which all sold out in 2013. The closer the dates get, the more I’m coming to terms with not attending… but then I remember how amazing Austin is and all of the fantastic people I have met there. I digress (I’ll get nostalgic at another time).
I don’t need much:
- Sleep – A floor, couch, or bed. I take up very little room and can sleep on almost any surface.
- Dates – I’m planning for the 6th-14th March, but I’m flexible. These will cover the Interactive and Film events.
- Proximity – Walking distance (less than 2km/1mile?) from the Austin Convention Center.
- Friends – I have a friend or two in the same situation as me. Any extra space would be used by them.
- Cost – Yes, I’m willing to pay for accommodation. Just not an arm and a leg. I’m happy to split a room with one, three, or ten people.